Tuesday, October 16, 2012

She Should Run For Office

My daughter knows how to work it.

She has this uncanny knack for saying the most heart melting phrases when I am at my wits end.

We sometimes call her "The Mayor" because of her willingness to chat with anyone.  I am starting to think she would make an excellent politician.

She tries her best to work the angle so that she doesn't have to go to bed, finish vegetables, or clean her room.  

Since she was a little girl, my daughter has always been right there.  What I mean by this, is that where ever I am, no matter what I am doing, she's right there, by my side, touching me, leaning on me, laying on me, on me.

I have often joked that if she could climb back into my womb she would. 

For the most part, I love it.  It kind of goes against my norm.  I am not a snuggler, my husband and daughter are.  It kind of forces me out of my own cranky ways.

There are moments though when I think "Can I not just get some space!?"  Last week in the throws of exhaustion and sickness, I had one of these moments.

In a moment of frustration, I asked her, "Why do you always have to be right on top of me?"

Her reply, in true heart-melting fashion, was, "Because when I lean against you, it recharges my heart."

I was immediately remorseful for snapping and I am trying my hardest to enjoy every single second of her "recharging time".  Sooner than I can imagine, she will no longer need as much recharging and I think I'll feel a pang when I realize she's not right there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest. - Amy

Devon said...

that made me tear up a little bit