Friday, October 19, 2012

Inspector Clouseau=Funny

Last weekend was a cold, rainy mess.

It was the perfect time for us to get in our comfy clothes, grab pillows and beanbags and watch some movies.

Friday night, we knew we wanted to kids to get to be a little early since early Saturday morning, we had a travel soccer game for my son.

We spent some time looking through Netflix instant movies and my husband and I stumbled across Pink Panther movies.  We both remembered loving those movies when we were young.  After some quick plot summary checking on IMDB, we picked two to put in our queue and started the first one.

There are some movies you see as a kid, that don't always hold up when you watch them again as an adult.  I remember my dad coming home from Video Galaxy (remember that place?) with a movie he saw as a kid that he loved.  It was "Darby O'Gill and The Little People".  Let's just say, it didn't impress my sister and I and even my dad said, "I guess that wasn't as good as I remember."  However, it did star a very young Sean Connery.


We were so delighted that the kids (and us) LOVED "The Pink Panther".  There were parts that my kids were laughing so hard we had to rewind the movie because we missed something.  There was one part that my son made us rewind 5 times, he thought it was so funny.

Once the movie was over they begged us to watch the other one, but we made them go to bed and told them since the weather was supposed to be crummy, we would surely get to watch the other one at some point over the weekend.

Luckily we were able to watch it the next night and it was another great night of laughs for us.

It was such a great time, it is very rare that we all find a movie we like, my kids are 6 years apart and have very different tastes in movies.  I love that these were truly family movies.  Any other suggestions for us?  We are really loving the idea of movie night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liam just danced a little jig when I played the clip. It must skip a generation.