Monday, October 15, 2012

HiberNol

I am slowly emerging out of the worst cold ever.

I am not exaggerating.  I have been sick for over a week , with a cold.

A cold with a vengeance.  This thing has knocked me out for days at a time. 

I don't know how I would have survived it if my husband hadn't taken some time off.

He had already planned to take the time off, my cold just sort of ruined it.

There were days I think I slept 17 out of 24 hours.

Some highlights were when he told me to absolutely sleep in.  He would make sure that the kids would get on the bus in weather appropriate outfits (seriously, coaxing my 13 year old out of shorts has been a battle) with lunches in hand.

Cut to, "Psst, hey hon, totally keep sleeping, but what time do they go to the bus?  Okay, great, go back to sleep"

"Psst, hey, what should the daughter wear?  There's too many choices."

"I have no idea how to do her hair"

I got up and did the mom thing.  I can't blame him.  My daughter dresses according to her mood and she can be overwhelmed by the possibilities.  Her and I have a nice routine where I give her freedom until it's just time to pick something already and then I make some strong suggestions.  Her hair is the same story.  Oh, and she also has the most sensitive scalp in the universe so I am just used to being the one to deal with it.

He took her to the bus stop and I crawled back into bed for 1, 876 hours or so.

I did manage to come downstairs at some point , to then just lay on the couch.  It was a lovely change of scenery.

Towards the end of the week, I was feeling well enough to leave the house.  We even ventured out to Ikea one day and had a really nice lunch together.

The only downfall is my house is in shambles.  I was able to reign some of the mess in today, but will no doubt be playing catch-up for a few days.  I am happy to do it.  The kids were happy and taken care of , I got much needed rest and I am hopefully on the mend (my cough is making a rare re-appearance) and I even got to spend some time alone with my husband. 

Thanks hubby!  You are the best!! 


All of this sickness made me wish that this really existed....also, I miss Chris Farley and Phil Hartman, sigh.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/hibernol/2658

No comments: