Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a really great Easter weekend.

It started with going to an art show.  Our area holds a show that features art from kids in kindergarten though 8th grade and one of my daughters painting from her art class was chosen.  She was so excited to get dressed up and show us her painting. 

There were a ton of people there and it was difficult to find her picture, but we found it and it was so cute, she used a lot of detail and she was so very proud.





Then, my daughter, a connoisseur of snack food, saw a recipe on the back of a graham cracker box and decided it looked amazing.  Easter was the perfect opportunity for her to make it.

I wish I had a picture of her face when I told her she could make it all by herself.  The only parts I helped with were adding the boiling water to the gelatin and putting the mix into the pan.  She was so proud of herself.

I'll be honest, I wasn't holding out much hope that this would be an amazing dessert, but it was pretty good.  It was light and fluffy and refreshing after our big Easter dinner.  It was also very pretty.


We spent the day at my in-laws and got a chance to hang out with my newest nephew, he is so adorable, I just want to gobble him up.


I thought that my own kids cleaned up pretty nice too. 

I hope you all had a nice Easter!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Love the artwork and the dessert. Looks like you had a a great Easter! And who wouldn't snuggle your sweet nephew--so cute!!

Amy said...

The painting is even more colorful than I pictured! Love it!

Devon said...

i'm gonna go ahead and pretend kelly drew some koalas because she misses us so much.
the dessert looks tasty! raising a future baker! (and hopefully not an aggravated why is this not coming out like i want it to, baker!)