Thursday, May 3, 2012

Random Thoughts

  • Did you hear about the mom that was accused of taking her daughter tanning?  I am not saying she did it, but she has to see how people may jump to the conclusion that it could be true.  Also...can tanning salons agree to carry some sort of color wheel where they stop allowing you to tan?  I think "Catcher's Mitt Brown" should be the cut-off.



  •  I really love watching the Jeopardy Teen Tournament.  I can actually answer almost half of the questions.  And yes, when the category is German Cities, I will yell out "What is Berlin?" for every answer. 



    -I watched Terms of Endearment today.  While I folded laundry.  In the rain.  That movie rocks me to my core every time I watch it.  In fact, I get so upset while watching it that I KNOW I shouldn't watch it.  I am a glutton for punishment.  I learned with a little IMDB research that the little boy who plays Teddy (The younger son who cries when Debra Winger has to talk to them, the bowl cut) is named Huckleberry Fox in real life.  How is he not still famous?

-  I have been obsessed with trying to find a way to keep my thick humidity hating hair under control.  I have finally gotten around to trying Moroccan argan oil.  So far so good.  I'm hoping it's the kind of thing that the more I use it the better my hair is, but it already looks so much better, I'm happy.  I'm hoping to avoid having my hair in a ponytail for the entire summer. 

- Who out there is reading 50 Shades of Grey?  Holy freaking moly.

- I think I have dinner amnesia.  There are some weeks I have something new and wonderful every night of the week and then weeks like this where I cannot even think of what to do with a chicken breast.  Thank god for the internet.

- My friend M had a spare hour today and came over for coffee.  It was lovely.  It's amazing how much we can fit into a short amount of time.  It was a nice break in my day.  I love that we were still talking as she walked out to her car because she had an appointment to get to.  I've known her for 8 years and I don't think we'll ever run out of things to say.



No comments: