Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

Luckily, I've been writing some of these down as they come to me.   The kids have a snow day today and let's just say our day started out with a bag of flour spilled in my front closet.  Snow day in my closet! 

Here's this weeks random thoughts.....

  • Am I the only one who tries to rewind the radio in the car when I miss something?  (The regular radio, not my ipod, I am clearly spoiled by the wonders of DVR)
  • I really wanted Christopher Plummer to win The Oscar, I haven't seen the movie, but I still have a massive crush on Captain Von Trapp.
  • I cringed when I watched Sacha Baron Cohen on the red carpet, spilling whatever all over Ryan Seacrest.  I think it was cheap, awkward and not at all funny.
  • I have learned I am unable to clean my house without music playing.
  • Why oh why didn't I buy those snow discs that were $5.00 on clearance at Target?  I regretted it as I was blowing up 3 snow tubes today.
  • I may be late to the game, but I have always been annoyed with how goopy and gross the lid/measuring cup from my laundry detergent gets. (You know the big ones with the press down spouts) I try to rinse it out, but it only helps a little and eventually it just gets gross.  It occurred to me this week that if I put a little bit of water in the measuring cup/lid, I can still measure it ( I pretty much eyeball it anyway) and it won't stick to the cup.  It gets diluted in the machine anyway, so no harm.   This isn't earth shattering , but an example of how something so little can make me happy.
Not too many thoughts this week, I have been too distracted by my closet clean-up project which I made not a bit of progress on today...Oh and also, my fridge is on the fritz...more on that later.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I <3 Captain Von Trapp! And I incessantly rinse out the lid to the laundry detergent till there is no detergent left in it.