Wednesday, March 7, 2012

King Of Pain

"There's a slippery spot on the floor today.....It's the same old spot as yesterday...."

This "song" has been running through my head all day.

At the bottom of our stairs, there is a slippery spot.  I don't know what it was from.  There wasn't any apparent spill or furniture polish residue, but it was slippery none the same.

Here's the thing.  I was not the one who first noticed it, I was the only one who didn't slip on it.  I was the one who decided to see how long these fools I live with would continue to slip on it before they did something.

I kid you not, my daughter slipped 5 times, my son about the same, my husband slipped so badly he scraped his arm on the corner of a little table we keep in the foyer.

NOT ONE of them thought to try and wipe the floor or maybe ask me if there was some way they could fix it.  They just continued to fall and yell and complain.  I said nothing.

This morning my daughter just all out slipped and fell and I think she scared herself more than she hurt herself, but there were tears just the same.

Once she was off to school, I decided maybe concussions weren't the lesson I wanted anyone to learn and I grabbed a sponge and a little soap and voila! , magically the floor was fine again.  Yeah, it was that easy.  I don't have a masters in slippery floor spots or anything.

I wonder how long it will take them to notice?

1 comment:

Christine said...

thank you for the laugh today! face it, you are a genius and obviously the only one who knows how to fix slippery spots ;-) and, yes I will be singing that song for the rest of the night & probably throughout tomorrow too!