Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sympathy For The Kings Horses And Men

I would rather try and put Humpty Dumpty back together again then continue one more day of putting my house back together after everyone leaves for school and work.

I feel like by the time I clean up after breakfast, make the beds and clean up any clutter from the night before, half my morning is gone.  I realize that my kids are old enough to do some of this themselves and they do on the weekends, but honestly I don't need another thing to delay them in the morning.  I am trying to keep the peace and not send them off to school thinking their mother is a screaming lunatic. 

Never mind the new daily tasks of figuring out what's for dinner,laundry and grocery shopping.

I think it's the repetition that gets to me, it's like "Groundhog Day" up in here.  It's also a bit of rebellion against the rigidity of the fall schedule, the care-free days of summer are over and I miss them. 

Now, to be honest, my schedule could use a little tightening up.  I'm pretty sure that cleaning when it's a commercial during "The Today Show", is not the most time efficient way to get things done.  I also tend to get a little distracted with Facebook.  I mean how can my day start without making sure I haven't missed someone's first day of school pictures?

"Now Jenn", you say, "Some people manage to do all of this AND work full time."

To that I say, "You're absolutely right and it takes a true friend to point out when you're making a big deal out of nothing, thanks."

Sooooo,  how about that weather?


No comments: