Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She's Crafty

I'm on a craft kick.

I think it's the time of year.  I feel like now that the kids are back in school, I have all this free time (which amazingly enough used to drag, but now seems to fly by!) and I can really get some projects done.

Luckily I have a friend who is as equally in love with crafts as I am, so we are planning on getting together once a week to work on whatever.

We decided to keep the planning to a minimum since you never quite know what you're going to be inspired by.  We are both Pinterest (seriously, they should pay me for all this free advertising) addicts and "the best craft idea ever" can change in the blink of an eye.

This week we did some sewing.  I had made an anniversary pillow out of some burlap I had purchased at a fabric store.  It seemed to be a big hit and I ended up with a few requests to make some more.  I finally got around to it today and can't wait to deliver the finished product to my friends.

My friend G had bought some drapes at our local flea market and wanted to cut and hem them to fit the windows in her house.

It was a lot of fun, we had the TV on one of our favorite shows, "Flipping Out" on Bravo.  We were cracking up, sewing, chatting about our lives during the commercials.

Sure enough, time flew by and we were off to get ready for our kids to come home and begin "real life " again.

I can't wait until next week!





Here are the pillows I finished today along with the one I made for myself.

No comments: