Friday, June 22, 2012

15 years

I cannot believe I have been married for 15 years.

There are so many highlights over the years , I thought I would try and name 15.

1. Taking a few minutes at our wedding to go off to a quiet corner and watch everyone having fun.  The day was so busy, hot, crazy, hot, and did I mention hot? It was so nice to see all the people that were there to celebrate with us.

2. The morning we found out I was pregnant with our son.  I was so excited, we carpooled to work then.  When we got to a 4 way stop, I , the passenger, waved the other cars to go ahead of us.  My husband informed me that as the driver, that he should be the one to do it.  I was just so happy , I wanted everyone to have a great day!

3. Taking our son home from the NICU.

4. Trying to get pregnant the second time around, giving up and getting the surprise of a lifetime and the missing piece to our puzzle, a little girl.

5. Our trip to Niagara Falls, our first trip without kids.  It may have cost us a fortune, but it was great and I'm so happy we were both thinking, "I can't wait to take the kids here." Which we still have to do by the way.

6. Singing in the car.  Any road trip, my husband is really good at keeping everyone's moods up.

7. Purchasing our condo.  We were so happy to be able to finally afford something in a town that we love.  It may not be much, but it's ours and we love it.  I am very proud of us for getting it.

8. Camping.  So happy we all did it for the first time together.  I love that its a new tradition for us and we have such a great time (minus the 10 minute "setting up the tent fight").

9. The time I thought I heard something go bump in the night, husband went to investigate, stepped on legos in the living room.  I heard him yell, so I assumed something was up, I started yelling, he thought something was up, there was a lot of confusion, and yelling, "What are you yelling for?  What are YOU yelling for?!" and it was followed by us laughing like lunatics for hours.

10. Merkle de Mayo, a fun tradition we've started.  Friends, tequila, beer and nachos.  I love when we work as a team and get to have a great time.

11.  Sitting at any sporting event for our kids together.  It's almost like a date.  Almost.

12. I would be remiss, if I didn't mention that a huge highlight for me has been the privilege of getting to stay home.  When I think of where we started and how hard we've worked and now how hard he works for us, I am very thankful.  I love my hard workin man.

13. The weekend we painted the kitchen and living room and had waaay too many margaritas!

14.  The way we've comforted each other through tough times.

15.  Getting to spend this weekend with you !!!!  (big thanks to Mom and Dad for taking the kids!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

How have I never heard the lego intruder story before?