Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rainbow Sheets

Years ago when I worked part time at Target , I was obsessed with their clearance.

Oh who am I kidding, I am still obsessed with it, I just don't get to see it as often as I used to.

So one day, long ago, I came across a set of jersey knit, tie-dyed, rainbow sheets.  I can't remember how much I paid for them, but I swear it was around $5.00.

I thought we'd be able to use them for the extra sheets for my son's trundle bed, or middle of the night sheet changing for that sick kid.

Neither of my kids loved the sheets and they made their way to the back of the closet.

One day when one of the kids was sick, they wanted to lay on the couch and watch TV, I am fairly certain this was a stomach bug issue and I could not fathom scrubbing any grossness out of my couch, so I went upstairs to grab some sheets.

When I came down with the sheets, the sick child said, "Awww, I don't like those sheets." 

I said, " How can you not like these?  These have the power of a rainbow in them to make you feel better! (Translation, "If you think I am going back upstairs to get another set, you're crazy!")

Now, every time one of the kids is home sick, including today, they request the rainbow sheets.  I know it's just something that makes them feel better, as if it validates that they are sick and that they need special care.

My daughter, who was the sick one today, told me that I have to save them so that when she has kids she can use it for them.  My son got wind of this and said, "No way, those are mine."

Mental note, check ebay and the like for another set.

No comments: