Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Just Been Raining...On My Face

So last week in a matter of a half hour I cried twice.

I tried both times to keep my cool, but when it comes to my kids, I can't help myself.

I picked up my daughter at school a little early.  She was going back to her old school to read to her 1st grade teacher's new class.

She was so excited all week.  So I was very surprised when she came into the office and I could tell by her face she was upset.  She barely made it to the car before she broke into tears.

It seems that she got yelled at by a teacher.  The teacher thought she was talking in line and yelled at her.  My daughter swears she wasn't, I don't care if she was, kids aren't perfect, but that wasn't what made her upset.

Apparently, when she then had to walk past this teacher, the teacher grabbed her shoulder and said, "I'm surprised at you missy."  This devastated and embarrassed my daughter.  She proceeded to cry throughout lunch and then into classtime.  Luckily her teacher was able to comfort her, but she was still very upset about it when she told me.

As I comforted her, I got upset.  It kills me that she was so upset for so long.  I was basically a raw nerve when we arrived at her old school.

We were in the hallway when her teacher spotted us.  She ran out, all smiles, and picked up my daughter, twirled her around and said, "I miss you so much!"  It was all I could do not to burst into tears.  Like I said, I was a raw nerve.

Everyone was so happy to see her, she was so proud to read in her old class and see some of her friends in there.

We were invited to come back anytime and we certainly will.

When we got in the car, I lost it.  I was so proud of her, so sad for her and overwhelmed.  I tried to downplay it , but my daughter said, "What's wrong?"

I started singing her this song from "Flight of The Conchords" to try and make her laugh and not worry and do the same for myself.

It's comic gold and did the trick.




No comments: