Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ridin' Along In My Automobile

I've discovered that there are things that my family will always do on a car trip.

- If there is a town that has the same name as a town near home, we always make a comment as if we've driven the wrong way, or that our destination was closer to home than we thought.  Clearly,it never gets old.

( For example- "Milford? Aww man, we're back in Massachusetts")


- Any town name that can be made into a song or silly word, will get the royal treatment from my husband and daughter who are excellent at making these up.

- We hunt license plates.  I was amazed we found 34 different ones!  32 of them states, one from Quebec and one from Washington D.C.  We even saw one from Alaska!

- At some point , someone will be ill.  In this case , my daughter threw up in the car.  I have to hand it to her though, she got everything into the jillions of bags I had , just in case and there was no mess.  She also did it while were were one mile away from a rest stop where we were able to get rid of everything and brush her teeth.

- We read signs, out loud.  I kind of assumed everyone did this until my sister got married and her husband pointed out that we all did this.  I don't know if it's so we remember different things, or it's just nice to see new signs, businesses, or beach house nicknames, but we all do it and it's a bit of a competition to see who can find the coolest one.

What do your families do while on the road?  We're always looking for new games to play or fun ideas!  Let me know, I'd love to hear them.


2 comments:

Amy said...

We did the same thing when we saw a road sign for Colfax on our drive from the airport, saying, "We could have just driven here instead?"

Devon said...

If my brother or i fell asleep when we woke up my dad would always say that he went to some place cool while we were sleeping, like the "Herbie Hall of Fame"