Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's a Miracle!

I'm a believer!  Miracles aren't just for the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team and random grilled cheeses.  I witnessed one in my own house last night, I may be overstating things here and I also may be laying the sarcasm on pretty hard this morning, that's what happens when I'm sleep deprived.

I should probably start at the beginning.  It was that time at night, you know the "I-feel-like-I've-been-asleep-awhile-but-it's-way-too-dark-out-for-me-to-be-awake" time?  Oh, you may call it 4am in your house.  I was awoken by a sound, a quiet sobbing sound.  Now, I should tell you that I am like a bear coming out of hibernation when I am woken up in the middle of the night.  I'm disoriented, grumpy and inevitably, I have to pee.  I can't see anything, that could be making this noise until I look down.  My daughter on the floor next to my bed , crying because her foot hurts.  

Much like a compass points to the Magnetic North Pole, my children's compass points them to my side of the bed.  Always. I know if given the chance my husband would get up and help the sick or sad child at our bedside, but sadly he may never get the chance. 

I now vaguely recall that she came in a few hours ago (to my side of the bed) and I managed to get her to go back and just rest her foot.  So, I ask her, "What's wrong?"  She answers, "My foot hurts."  I ask her if she tried to wake me up at all and she said no, she just sat there crying.  I scooped her up into our bed, checked out her foot the best that I could with half an eye open, covered her up and tried to lay back down.

After about 5 minutes, I realized that she stopped crying the second she got into our bed. She was magically healed!  I even leaned over and whispered, "Is your foot okay now?" and she sleepily answered, "Yeah, it's good."  Miracle!  I never knew my bed had such powers of healing! 

In celebration,  I spent the next hour and a half tossing and turning and telling her to move over.  I finally fell back asleep 10 minutes before my alarm went off.   

The best part of this wondrous event was when my husband came over to give me a kiss goodbye, looked over and said, "Oh wow, I didn't even know she was in here."
 

No comments: