Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today Was A Good Day

It's been a rough week.

This is my first full week of working (cue the violins because it's about to get whiny) and I am exhausted.  I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water with all the things I have to do.  My entire existence has been details and now I am pleased if dinner gets made.  (Which by the way happens at 4pm because if I stop moving , I fall asleep)

I have been so focused on my hands on, trial by fire, training that I hadn't even stopped to think that I was in a new job with new co-workers and not everyone was going to love me.  I will say that 99% of the people I have encountered have been amazing.  I love them.  One person, not so much, but still pretty good odds. I'm not going to lie, the one person not liking me without even knowing me really gets under my skin, but I would rather focus on the good than obsess about one bad.

I know I will get used to it, but this first week  is rough.

Tuesday was not a good day. 

Yesterday was a better day.

Today was a good day.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.  I am expecting the worst , but hoping for the best.

Today I felt like I made a tiny connection.

I felt like I relaxed a little and felt a little more confident and so my day with my student was better.

I know that I can hope for gradual improvement, but I should expect a "one step forward , two steps back" reality.

All I know and all I really care about is that today was a good day.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett


Jenn you are awesome with kids don't sell yourself short! One of the best thngs I heard at one of my conferences was that you need to know your own value and worth and once you do that is what you show to other people. Look at your own two kids! You did that!